How to win at blackjack

If you’ve read our prior articles on how to play blackjack and the game’s rules, you might be wondering if there is a blackjack strategy that is guaranteed to increase your winning chances. We’ve created a Blackjack Cheat Sheet that will help you win if you’re trying to win at blackjack in a casino or on a mobile device. Learn more by reading on.

The best tactics for beating blackjack

When you only have access to your hand and the dealer’s up card, the basic blackjack playing strategy combines a set of rules that show you how to play each hand dealt to you. This tactic maximizes your chances of winning a large sum of money while minimizing your losses and is mathematically correct. Blackjack is ultimately a mathematical game with predetermined rules, which is why we claim that it is mathematically correct. Listed below is a glossary of the terms used in blackjack:

  • Hit: Request a different card. Until you decide to stand or else bust, you can request a hit.
  • Stand: Choose not to take any more cards. Then the dealer can deal this hand.
  • Double Down: Double your wager, get one more card, and stand
  • Split:If you have two identical cards, you can divide them into two distinct hands. The wager effectively doubles your original wager because it is the same.
  • Surrender: If you believe you are going to lose the hand, you may give up half of your bet.
  • Insurance:You can take insurance, which is a bet worth half of your initial wager, if the dealer’s up card is an Ace. In essence, you are placing a bet on the dealer getting a blackjack.
  • The hand of the dealer

    • If you bust or surrender, the dealer takes the pot automatically.
    • He also triumphs if the sum of his hands is closest to 21.
    • The dealer is required to hit if he has a total of 16 or less.
    • The dealer must stand if his total is 18 or higher.
    • The dealer must stand if he has a hard 17.
  • Top 9 blackjack strategies

    When playing the majority of online casino games, a blackjack player is up against the house advantage. In the long run, you might lose your money if you’re not an expert. However, there are a few strategies that can help you increase your bankroll and ensure that you have the best chance of succeeding. You could also anticipate making a tidy profit if the cards fall your way. Here are our top 9 strategies for increasing your blackjack bankroll. 
  • 1. Find tables where the stakes are appropriate for your bankroll.

    Although finding the minimum stakes can be challenging, especially for players with smaller bankrolls, you should be able to do so if you do the necessary research on the casino you are playing at.

    During off-peak hours, some Casino Philippines,even go so far as to offer complimentary games. Find the best blackjack game and casino for you by doing some research.

How to win at blackjack (1)

Aces and Eights Split

If you have seen our blackjack cheat sheet, then you know that we always recommend splitting aces and eights. While it may appear a bad move to break up eights, it is still the most likely way to win and ultimately make a neat profit.

Dealer stands on Soft 17

Always look for tables where the dealer holds a Soft 17, as this can significantly affect your bankroll. The house edge is significantly reduced when the dealer stands on a Soft 17, which makes it slightly simpler for you to win.

Stand when you have a hand that could bust against a dealer’s card

It would be best to stand if the dealer had a face-up card showing four, five, or six, especially if you had a poor hand. Therefore, there is approximately a 70% probability that you could improve your hand but there is always a 30% chance of busting, for instance, if your hand consists of a 10 and a 2. Give the dealer a second chance to bust.

Pick a table that offers the double down option

There is also another rule that can help you reduce the house edge. While some casinos will allow you to double down with a 10 or 11, other casinos will let you double down on any two cards you like.

If you play this correctly, the double downs will swell your bankroll. Make sure you have a good strategy in place to reduce the house edge as much as possible.

Double down with any ace against the dealer’s six

When you have an ace in your hand and the dealer’s upcard is a six, double downs can be beneficial. Unless you have a soft 20, you should always double down in this situation. If at all possible, double down in opposition to the dealer’s 5, unless you have a soft 19 or 20.

Have a strategy in place

This has been brought up numerous times. When playing blackjack, it’s always a good idea to have a basic strategy in place that you can refer to. Having a plan in place can help you protect your bankroll, encourage you to play more responsibly, and prevent you from making expensive mistakes.

Set your limits and stick to them

When you are prepared to play, try to decide how much money you are willing to invest. Keep your choice throughout the entire game. Don’t chase your money if you are having a losing streak. Once you have made this decision, be grateful because it will prevent you from engaging in excessive gambling.

Have a betting strategy in place

As with the majority of casino games, you should always have a betting plan in place to increase your chances of winning more money. Many players employ betting strategies like the Paroli and the Martingale. These betting strategies are based on mathematical progressions that ensure you make a small profit while also assisting you in recovering the majority of your losses.

They frequently provide some help to blackjack players, but they were also developed with particular bankrolls in mind. These betting strategies won’t be effective for you if your bankroll is relatively small; instead, you will need to find a more effective system.

  • Betting patterns in blackjack
    It’s a wise idea to bet the same amount on each hand, especially if you’re new to the game. However, you might want to alter your betting patterns once you begin to understand how to handle different hands. The result of your previous hand in blackjack is something you need to consider when sizing your bet. Change your bet size to maximize your winning streaks and reduce your losses when you’re losing consistently. You are free to choose whether you want to play more conservatively or more aggressively.
  • Cautious approach
    Your betting strategy is designed to increase your winnings if you want to play it safe. You have to increase your bet and play again after each win. This is to ensure that you never stake money that you cannot afford to lose and that you can always bounce back even if you go on a losing streak.

How to win at blackjack (2)

Martingale system

The Martingale system, which encourages you to double your wager each time you lose, is an option if, on the other hand, you’re a bit of a risk-taker. Although there is a significant chance of losing a lot of money in this situation, all it takes is one successful hand to guarantee a nice profit. We personally favor using a conservative strategy because the Martingale system is a little too risqué.


Surrender is probably the least utilized option at blackjack tables out of all the others. Many UK casinos no longer offer the surrender option because so few players actually used it. Many players believe that in blackjack, surrendering should not even be an option. The truth is that you may have one of your best tools at your disposal if you give up. Surrendering is one of the few strategies that can help lower the house edge when used properly.

When to surrender in blackjack

After the dealer checks to see if they have blackjack, the player has the option of giving up their hand in exchange for losing half of their initial wager. When a player chooses this move, the round is over and the dealer receives half of the initial wager. An additional choice is early surrender. With this choice, you can fold your card before the dealer checks to see if he has a blackjack. The house edge is subsequently further decreased as a result of this. But be aware that not many UK online casinos provide this choice.

The rules of surrender and when to surrender

Only if the right opportunity has presented itself must you give up. When used correctly, the Surrender option lowers the house edge by 0.07%. Since blackjack is a game of odds and percentages, the only way to consistently win would be to employ every strategy at your disposal to lessen the house advantage. You must understand when to use surrender wisely for this very reason. There is a straightforward method for using surrender. But first, let’s talk about the risks of giving in.

In most casinos, the following rules apply to surrendering:

    • A player can only surrender any two-card total
    • You can’t opt for surrender after you’ve acted on a hand
  • The following is the strategy you can apply when it comes to surrendering:

    • You can surrender a hard total of 16 against the dealer’s 9, 10 or Ace
    • You can also surrender a hard total fo 15 against the dealer’s 10 or Ace
  • There are only two circumstances when you should give up your hand when playing multiple-deck blackjack. Blackjack should be played using the fundamentals every other time. Without a doubt, the majority of casino patrons gamble with the intention of winning. The majority concur that one plays at a casino in order to win, regardless of whether they are there for the experience or because they prefer a particular table game.

If you adopt a poor strategy, exhibit greed, or make careless decisions, it could end up costing you significantly in the long run. Work hard to avoid the fatal blackjack mistakes listed below so you can increase your winnings.